The year’s most popular movie soundtrack is coming to cassette tape. That’s right! The Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 will be available on cassette in limited release starting on November 17th. The soundtrack is already available on CD, digital download and vinyl. Awesome Mix Vol. 1 includes the following classic tracks:
1. Blue Swede – “Hooked on a Feeling”
2. Raspberries – “Go All the Way”
3. Norman Greenbaum – “Spirit in the Sky”
4. David Bowie – “Moonage Daydream”
5. Elvin Bishop – “Fooled Around and Fell in Love”
6. 10cc – “I’m Not in Love”
7. Jackson 5 – “I Want You Back”
8. Redbone – “Come and Get Your Love”
9. The Runaways – “Cherry Bomb”
10. Rupert Holmes – “Escape (the Pina Colada Song)”
11. The Five Stairsteps – “O-O-H Child”
12. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell – “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
Guardians of the Galaxy is 2014’s highest grossing film, and the soundtrack plays a huge role in the story. Not only are the songs are featured heavily throughout the film, they are also on a mix tape in Peter Quill’s 1980’s Sony Walkman which was given to him by his deceased mother.
The limited edition GOTG cassette, released by Marvel Music/Hollywood Records, will be available through retailers participating in Record Store Day through Dec. 31. Each cassette also comes with a digital download version of the album. It is not yet known how many copies of the retro style cassette will be released.
Guardians of the Galaxy will release on DVD and Blu-ray on December 9th.
Sign up for occasional update and members-only offers!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.